- "Transition 1.0" view at http://vimeo.com/8029815 Description: "‘In Transition’ is the first detailed film about the Transition movement filmed by those that know it best. In the film you'll see stories of communities creating their own local currencies, setting up their own pubs, planting trees, growing food, celebrating localness, caring, sharing. You’ll see neighbours sharing their land with neighbours that have none, local authorities getting behind their local Transition initiatives, schoolchildren making news in 2030, and you'll get a sense of the scale of this emerging movement. It is a story of hope, and it is a call to action, and we think you will like it very much. It is also quite funny in places." It was made a few years ago and we found it quite inspiring!
- The Story of Stuff From its extraction through sale, use and disposal, all the stuff in our lives affects communities at home and abroad, yet most of this is hidden from view. The Story of Stuff is a 20-minute, fast-paced, fact-filled look at the underside of our production and consumption patterns.
- The Story of Broke" -http://www.storyofstuff.org/movies-all/story-of-broke - calls for a shift in government spending toward investments in clean, green solutions—renewable energy, safer chemicals and materials, zero waste and more—that can deliver jobs AND a healthier environment.
- Dark Optimism - http://www.darkoptimism.org/ - unashamedly positive about what kind of a world humanity could create, and unashamedly realistic about how far we are from creating it today.
- The Dark Mountain Project - http://dark-mountain.net/ is a network of writers, artists and thinkers in search of new stories for troubled times. We promote and curate writing, art, music and culture rooted in place, time and nature.
- Collapsonomics http://collapsonomics.posterous.com/ - is a blog on creative ways to tackle scarcity and getting poorer
- Conscious TV on Inner Transition - Sophy Banks talks about the different ways The Transition Movement works, both on the outside and on the inside. She founded the 'Heart And Soul' groups which later became known as 'Inner Transition.'
I had an inspirational and challenging time on The Journey programme down at Embercombe in Devon, and found it very helpful in supporting my own inner transition. If you're not familiar with Embercombe it describes itself as "a charity and social enterprise established to champion a way of living that celebrates the opportunities inherent in this challenging time and that inspires people to contribute energetically towards the emergence of a socially just, environmentally sustainable and spiritually fulfilling human presence on earth." Find out more at http://www.embercombe.co.uk/